- SELECTION OF INDUCTEES
- Copies of all nominations will be provided to the members of the Board of Directors of the Alabama Aviation Hall of Fame. A preliminary review will be conducted to ensure that all nominees are eligible for consideration.
- Nominee eligibility is based on the following considerations:
- Resident of Alabama making substantial contributions to aviation in Alabama, or
- Resident of Alabama receiving recognition for substantial contributions to aviation outside of the State of Alabama, or
- Non-resident who receives recognition for substantial contributions within the State of Alabama.
- During subsequent reviews, nominees are evaluated on the following considerations:
- Contributions to aviation in Alabama;
- Recognition received for contributions to aviation outside of Alabama;
- General aviation activity / accomplishments;
- Military aviation service;
- Years of aviation service;
- Aviation records / first occurrences;
- Name recognition within the aviation community;
- Availability of supporting documentation;
- Overall influence on aviation in Alabama;
Other considerations (Specific contributions not addressed that deserve special consideration).